Juice is One of the Most Complex Beverage Market Segments
Understanding juice production can be a complicated. Our process engineers can help you determine which process will most efficiently meet your needs, and the advantages and disadvantages of all of all your options.
Here are the three most popular juice processing methods:
1. Hyperbaric Processing or High Pressure Processing (HPP)
Hyperbaric processing is a cold pasteurization technique that uses high pressure to crush bacteria while maintaining the microbiology of your product. The cold juice is then added to a cold bottle. This type of processing preserves the health benefits of the product, but it requires a heavy, rigid container.
2. Hot-Fill Processing
Aseptic processing fills the bottle at room temperature under extremely sterile conditions (more sterile than an operating room). The enclosure uses glove box technology. This is a challenging process that requires more expensive equipment , but it allows you to use less expensive bottles and provides a longer shelf life (ie. 18 months without refrigeration).
3. Aseptic Processing
Whether Hyperbaric, Hot-Fill, or Aseptic is right for you, InterTech is here to help. Regardless of which method you are considering, you will need a complete set of facts in order to make a sound financial decision.
InterTech’s Complete Financial Feasibility Analysis
If you are an existing manufacturer, this analysis will not only include the current costs you are incurring, but cost saving options. If you are a new juice manufacturer, our analysis will include all the costs associated with your new line.
It will be tough to determine if you are using the best equipment for your line if you can’t evaluate all of your options. Sometimes just changing one small part of the process can have a huge cost savings. If you want to take an in-depth look into what your options are, and what those options will cost, our Financial Feasibility Analysis is for you.
InterTech will dig deep into your goals and how you envision your line. We will put together the most cost-effective way to meet those goals, and get you from point A to point B.
We start this process by asking you a series of questions:
- What type of juice do you want to package?
- Does your juice have pulp in it?
- Are there any particulates that need to be managed, maintained or dosed?
- Which type of processing are you currently using?
- What is the expected shelf life of your juice?
- What is the shipping radius of the product?
- What are your expectations with this product?
Here Are 9 Common Juice Production Line Issues InterTech Can Help You Solve
- There are challenges with juices that contain pulp. Special attention must be given to the selection of the filler to ensure the pulp is not damaged while filling the container. Included in this stage is the ability to correctly blend a product for the proper formulation and taste profile.
- Proper sizing of equipment and line configuration in the space provided for installation.
- Proper capping and possible treatment of cap prior to application for product safety.
- Proper plant infrastructure. The filling process should be considered sensitive so care must be given to the filling room and its environment. If managed correctly, we can optimize the plant conditions to handle the residual heat from the filler for efficient climate control of the facility while providing a safe and secure environment for the filling process to occur. This also takes into consideration CIP (Clean In Place) requirements.
- We optimize the room to minimize the use of cleaning solutions and optimize drain locations for safe and controlled handling of rinse waste products.
- We recommend the most cost effective and efficient labeling solution to support your brand’s image.
- We optimize solutions to provide the best OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and lowest total cost of ownership for the complete line.
- We recommend the best solutions for facility environmental controls which include electrical, HVAC, lighting, mechanical, process systems and structural systems.
- Our objective is to look deep into all operating costs including future maintenance requirements to provide the best solution for you.
Engage with InterTech early in the process to maximize your cost savings. Let us see how we can add value to your company.