InterTech advances its industry leadership by developing new internal core strengths and plant engineering competencies. InterTech continues to effectively provide project and construction management with a team that is better qualified than ever before.
SACRAMENTO, California, November, 2021 – InterTech (ITL) monitors their clients’ needs and dynamically reacts to changes. ITL has developed the expertise and products needed to ensure clients can meet their expectations in the competitive marketplace.
During 2020, the year of COVID-19, ITL’s systems consistently accomplished project goals and continued to run reliably. This underscores its strength in engineering and technical skills.
Over the past year, ITL has invested in people, technologies and products, with a focus on safety. ITL continues to expand, drawing on a broad range of internal core competencies to assist clients with critical services and products.
“We can bring our extensive knowledge, understanding and experience to complex problems and solve them. Then, when our clients ask us to do something else, they worry less. Every time we repeat that, they worry less. We become an extension of their engineering team. We want to become a valuable asset for our clients.” – John Bailey, InterTech, PE, PMP
Recent Plant Engineering Successes:
- ITL designed and executed several temperature control projects related to production and warehouse facilities.
- ITL provided temporary cooling capacity with over 2,000 refrigeration tons allowing production facilities to operate the entire processing operation throughout hot months. With onboard core competencies, ITL was able to execute this project with only a one-month notice.
- ITL continued designing large scale cooling tower systems and other facility utility systems. After construction, these systems were placed online with quick startups and delivered the expected results. These systems continue to operate smoothly, leading to other upgrades and continued expansion.
- ITL was called upon to complete the analysis work of another outside engineering firm. Significant design gaps were found in a steam system expansion project.
- ITL engineers identified designs flaws that would have left a processing facility short of the actual required cooling tonnage. The client avoided spending millions to upgrade a system that couldn’t function as needed.
- ITL completed several pasteurizer (processor) projects covering product upgrades and line speed changes.
- ITL designed and installed food and beverage packaging lines and processes, including blow fill lines with support utilities.
Recent InterTech Accomplishments:
OSHA 30 TRAINING
All west coast office staff members completed 30-hours of OSHA safety training. Safety is the first priority at daily project meetings and site construction planning sessions. ITL personnel are authorized to stop work any time there are safety concerns. With ITL onsite, safety is the first priority.
ITL expanded the west coast engineering staff adding internal designers and CAD personnel – and doubling the Autodesk Plant 3D seats. ITL increased the CAD processing power to manage large project files, drawings, and modeling quickly. This allows ITL to manage 3D plant scans and projects promptly and efficiently with flexible and dedicated design teams.
STRENGTHENED ENGINEERING DISCIPLINES
ITL staff expansion also included increasing structural and electrical power engineering resources. Additionally, mechanical, structural and electrical design teams were reorganized to streamline design efforts and shorten design package delivery times.
CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
ITL increased the number of certified project manager professionals (PMP), licensed engineers (PE) and engineering certified (FE) staff members, ensuring that every project has access to well-trained engineers and senior-level resources.
ITL delivers reliable plant engineering projects with exceptional client communication and effective overall execution.
When manufacturers choose ITL, they gain access to our knowledge, project experience, and flexibility. ITL is ready to deliver engineering resources and knowledge for your next project by tackling unique challenges with robust solutions.